Thursday 16 February 2017

Barnes' wild graveyard

Barnes' old wild graveyard is a place of mystery and intrigue. There's interesting and tragic people buried under the tangle of vegetation and fine old grave stones for sure. But for me, the fascination is in the tree slow, stone grown slow green tide that overrides the works of stone masons past, in the profusion of small trees and bushes jutting up at all angles. Barnes' Cemetery or Barnes Old Cemetery, is a disused cemetery in Barnes, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. My favourite tree was this lovely pine with quietly writhing limbs, or great fingers as if from some vast hand that had erupted out from the earth. A friendly robin flitted from stone top to stone top, like a friendly guardian and I wished I'd had more time to just sit and drink in the peaceful green of the place; I'll be back!


 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment