Thursday 16 June 2016

Daredevil nesting!

There is daredevil nesting going on along one busy winding road in West Yorkshire. And superb busy these roads do get at rush hour so if I was a bird, looking for a suitable place to nest, I probably would not choose this three-foot high section of road. But then again, I am not a bird. One very brave in my opinion pair of birds have indeed decided to build a nest and raise their young in this wall. Scores of cars pass within a foot of the wall each hour making their survival a thing of marvel. What kind of birds...a cracking pair of Coal Tits!


I only spotted this as I had stopped for a minute to return a missed call and noticed a small grey blur disappear into the wall. I really hope they make it, and that the young venture forth from the nest at some quiet time of day; fingers crossed for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment